woensdag 28 januari 2015

Green velvet and fabric flowers

                                                   
                                             Hello my dear Blog sisters !!

                                   A very warm welcome, especially to all of my
                                               NEW FOLLOWERS.....

                                        I'm so happy you decided to sign up
                                         and join me on my Blog journey !!
                                        Hope to be good company so you
                                          will feel at home in my space
                                                     in Blogland.

                          If you're visiting from the GROW YOUR BLOG PARTY
                                            click HERE to read my post.

                                 Today I want to show you two boxes I altered.
                                   A wooden oval that I found in a thrift shop,
                                   and a little cheese box of the laughing cow.

                                    It is so fun to make something special of
                             things that otherwise would have been thrown away.....

                                        I finally finished this wooden box .
                                            I made the lid ages ago and
                                                shared it on my blog ,
                                but could never come to finish the whole thing ,
                               there were a lot of other items I wanted to make......... : )
                               now here's the end result and I'm so glad I can
                                                  display it properly...........
                                       








                                             Before and after.............

  
                               
                                Hope you enjoyed.......................

                       Isn't it wonderful to have this great Grow Your Blog Party ?
                                   I enjoy it so much, to meet other women ,
                            who share their life , stories and creative adventures.....
                                     I'm off to see more , make some friends 
                                                  and have fun..........

                                                               With Love ,
                                                                       Wilma .
                                      

19 opmerkingen:

  1. Hello, sweet Wilma! Your blog is always a beautiful place to visit and I enjoy seeing your sweet creations. Have a wonderful day, my friend. Hugs!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. How lovely to see the large box all finished and looking absolutely stunning. But the little altered cheese box stole my heart, it is so very pretty.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. So very beautiful! Blessings... Tamara

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hi Wilma, what a beautiful Victorian box.I love all things Victorian and Shabby chic. You really did good.!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Hi Wilma.... I was wondering..what kind of fabric do you use for the "pages" of your fabric books? Do you use a thin batting in the pages? And how do you bind the finished pages? I am going to start working on gathering things next week. I am thinking I will make one for each of my grand daughters with certain memories from them and me. Thanks for whatever you can tell me to get me started!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. That is so gorgeous, girl!!
    Did you paint the bottom of the larger box, or is that fabric covered as well?
    They are both so pretty! I almost bought some cheese in Germany just so I could have the wooden box!!!
    Hubby said I was funny! (Next trip I am getting some cheese in a wood box!)
    I have some boxes to cover , and hope they look as well as yours when I finish them!!!
    Hugs, girl!
    Betsy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. That is so gorgeous, girl!!
    Did you paint the bottom of the larger box, or is that fabric covered as well?
    They are both so pretty! I almost bought some cheese in Germany just so I could have the wooden box!!!
    Hubby said I was funny! (Next trip I am getting some cheese in a wood box!)
    I have some boxes to cover , and hope they look as well as yours when I finish them!!!
    Hugs, girl!
    Betsy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you all for your lovely comments !! It's very much appreciated.
      I lined the large box with green velvet, Betsy, it's a bit hard to see in the photographs.



      Verwijderen
  8. Hello Wilma, I've come to visit you from Colours in the Breizh, what beautiful things you make, I will follow you from now on too! I am a hoarder and collector of useful rubbish and it's nice to get some ideas for re-repurposing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Hello Wilma. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am returning the visit and have enjoyed browsing. You have a lovely blog... Exactly my kind of stuff. xxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. You have a beautiful blog, Wilma! I love how you've decorated these boxes. What a great way to recycle and pretty up your home. I'm a new follower.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. What a lovely blog. You certainly decorated those blogs beautifully. I do love things that have been fixed up that way. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have joined your blog.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Thank you so much for encouraging me this way. I'm happy to have you all following.
    So good to make new friends !!

    Blessings to you !!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Wilma, both boxes are gorgeous! I love dressing things up like this. However, I would never have thought to decorate the laughing cow box. Love, love it! Pinning. Happy to be a new follower. I have a link party that is going on right now. Share Your Cup Thursday. It's all about sharing the things you love. I'd love it if you shared these!
    hugs,
    Jann

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. What a beautiful blog! You are very creative! Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on mine which brought me here! Following along on your journey with you. I also love the nostalgic romantic look! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. I am always so amazed and excited to see what you have made when you make another post! I recently fell in love with velvet and have been so inspired to use it more and more! Your lovely boxes are full of inspiration and beauty. Just like you, they share beauty and femininity, grace and love with each little detail. So perfect for a woman after God's own heart.
    Much love dear sister,
    Doni

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my work. Your work is gorgeous and I have become your latest follower,
    Char

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Thank you for your lovely words. It's very much appreciated !! Thank you so much for signing up to follow !

    Hugs, Wilma.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Thanks so much for stopping by because now I was able to return the visit and found your wonderful blog!! Your creations are stunning!! I do similar Victorian style crafts. You have inspired me so and I thank you!!
    I am following you!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...