donderdag 6 september 2012

Sepia-album


Fabricbook about my grandma....

Het is nog een hele weg voor me geweest om uit te vinden hoe je het best zo'n stoffen boek kunt maken. Bij vorige boeken heb ik steeds halverwege de hele bubs weer uit elkaar moeten halen.
Omdat het niet goed sloot, of niet goed open ging. Het barstte uit z'n voegen of ging door z'n rug.
Uiteindelijk zijn ze wel geslaagd, maar het zinde me niks dat ik nog steeds niet wist hoe ik in één keer tot een goed eindresultaat kon komen.
Totdat een vriendin mij vroeg of ik haar wilde leren hoe je zoiets doet. Tja, dat had ik mijzelf ook al vele malen afgevraagd,...... hoe doe je zoiets...???
Dat was hét moment om nu eindelijk eens een methode voor mijzelf uit te vinden en niet steeds te proberen op andere blogs de "onduidelijke" kunst af te kijken. Mijn moeder had een serie prachtige sepiafoto's van mijn oma. De moeder van mijn vader. Daar wilde ik altijd al graag iets mee doen. Dus besloot ik om ervoor te gaan zitten en niet te rusten voor ik mijn eigen methode had uitgedacht.
Zeg nou zelf.....het was nogal gênant om zelf niet goed te weten hoe het in elkaar zat.....;(
Het is nog lang niet af, maar het belangrijkste is nu bekend en...........
.........ik kan het uitleggen...............hoe bestaat het!!!!

Cann't tell you WHAT a struggle it was to find out how to make a fabricbook. During the process of the last three....  halfway through I had to turn the whole thing out. Because it didn't close well, or didn't open the way it should. A "backbraking" job for me and.... even more for the book..... :-))
Eventually they turned out OK, but I wasn't at all happy about the fact that I didn't know how to get to a one-time result.
Until a friend asked me to show her how to make a fabricbook like mine. Well,..... that was exactly what I was asking myself...!! Here was the right moment to find out my own method. My mother had this beautiful photo's of my grandma. My father's mother. I always planned to do something with them.
So I decided to sit and not rest before I had my own method.
I mean.....it was rather embarrassing, this ignorance....;(
It's not finished by far, but the  most important thing is that I know what I'm doing......and I can explain it.......I don't believe it !!!!

Here's a sneak peek...... what I'm up to....


Click photo





          A few pages I'm working on. Of course, you'll recognize the header of my blog....









Below I placed some other photo's. The originals that are ment for this pages are still waiting to be printed on fabric. 

  The pearls on the photo below were a gift! They're from a necklace and very old!



The book is placed in an old suitecase that belonged to my father in law. I love to use it as a ministudio.....................I mean...........Shabby......!!!!




I know what I have to do in the future ...... :)
                 
          To see the finished album click 'HERE'


With Love,

              Wilma.

       





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...